Don S. Hunter

Certified First Responder Counsellor  –  Registered Social Worker

Don Hunter

Contact Info

Don S. Hunter Psychotherapy
Greater Toronto Area
Phone: 416-801-4181

Don provides a Safe Space To Heal, providing integrated, individualized counselling services for children, youth, adults, couples, & families.
He is also a Certified First Responder Counsellor.

He has experience in providing support for the following; anxiety, depression, mood regulation, self-injury, obsessions/compulsions, phobias/nightmares, school refusal, loss/grief, trauma related issues, PTSD, eating disorders, substance use, parent/child conflict, family breakdown, chronic pain and clinical supervision for therapists in private practice. All his sessions are virtual through his secure OWL Practice platform.

Don has over forty-five years of experience in counselling children, youth and adults. He has worked in a variety of hospitals, community mental health clinics and in his private practice, providing individual, group, couples and family therapy.

He has been educated and trained in person-centred, cognitive, narrative, compassion-focused, emotion-focused therapies. In addition, he completed training in hypnosis, EMDR (eye-movement desensitization & reprocessing, and NLP (neurolinguistic programming practitioner). This broad range of therapies allows him to offer an integrated model of counselling that is most effective in helping his clients to develop skills that will allow them to have better control over troublesome emotions and intrusive, negative thoughts. He is also a Certified First Responder Counsellor.

He is a son, a brother, a husband, a father and grandfather of four. He has learned – and continue to learn a great deal from all of these important relationships in my life.

Don has lived with chronic pain since 1981 – He has also learned much from that relationship.

Therapists by province / territory
Stay Informed

Subscribe to our Newsletter


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.