Dulani Gunaratne

Occupational Therapist


Contact Info

Community Occupational Therapy
1243 Islington Ave, Unit 1205, Etobicoke, ON M8X 1Y9
In-person in the Greater Toronto area – Virtually across Ontario
Accepts work from a Workplace Injury Board
Phone: 866-526-0877
Email: Communityrehabon@cbihealth.ca
Website: Ccbihealth.ca/services/first-responders

Dulani holds a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy and is a Registered Occupational Therapist with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.

Dulani works with clients that have experienced mental stress injuries as a result of a workplace trauma. As an Occupational Therapist, Dulani provides evidence-based, trauma-focused care to help clients process their trauma so they may return to their pre-injury activities in the areas of self-care, leisure and productivity. She also assists client to develop coping strategies through behavioural changes in order to reduce day-to-day stressors, and help them engage in meaningful daily activities.

Dulani’s work incorporates various therapeutic strategies including behavioural activation, CBT, DBT, ACT, and exposure therapy. She practices client-centered care with the goal of empowering her clients to gain a sense of resilience, mental strength and emotional regulation, to overcome life’s challenges.

Dulani mentors, oversees, and provides clinical supervision to, a team of Community Occupational Therapists in the Durham region, in the provision of in-vivo trauma-focused therapy, for First Responders, with the goal of helping their clients move forward from traumatic events, and in reclaiming their lives

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.