Emma Smith

Occupational Therapist


Contact Info

Community Occupational Therapy
1051 Wonderland Road South, London ON N6K 3X4
In-person in the London area – Virtually across Ontario
Accepts work from a Workplace Injury Board
Phone: 866-526-0877
Email: Communityrehabon@cbihealth.ca
Website: Ccbihealth.ca/services/first-responders

Emma is a Registered Occupational Therapist (OT) with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario (COTO). She first graduated from Wilfrid Laurier University, where she received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Neuroscience. She then continued to the University of Toronto, where she graduated with a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy. Emma has completed further education through participating in courses on various treatment approaches including Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and others.

Emma has experience working with First Responders from all backgrounds, including Police Officers, Paramedics, Correctional Officers, Dispatch Officers, and Firefighters. She focuses on a holistic and client-centered approach when working with her clients. Through OT services, Emma works with clients throughout their recovery journeys to build the life that they want to be living, one goal at a time.

Emma mentors, oversees, and provides clinical supervision to, a team of Community Occupational Therapists in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and London regions, in the provision of in-vivo trauma-focused therapy, for First Responders, with the goal of helping their clients move forward from traumatic events, and in reclaiming their lives.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.