Jackie Vaerewyck

Registered Social Worker, BA, MSW, RSW


Contact Info

Frontline Forward
45 Shirley Ave, Kitchener, ON N2B2E2
In-person and online consulting
Phone: 519-742-5409
Email: Jackiev.psychotherapy@gmail.com
Website: Frontlineforward.com

Jackie is an experienced Registered Social Worker with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. She completed her Bachelor of Arts at the University of Western Ontario in Criminology before completing her Master of Social Work at Wilfrid Laurier University.

Jackie is known as caring and professional provider who works with a variety of adult individuals, including first responders, healthcare and mental health workers. She has experience in a variety of settings, including inpatient substance use, community-based services, acute mental health and hospital settings. She currently works within the hospital system in a mental health crisis role in the emergency department alongside her community clinical and supportive counselling.

Jackie is eclectic in her approach when working with trauma and other concerns. She incorporates a blend of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) , Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) , Acceptance and Commitment (ACT), Solution-Focussed Therapy and psycho-education in her work. Jackie uses a strengths-based, client-centered, and trauma-informed approach in treatment planning and psychotherapy approach. Her areas of specialty include depression and anxiety, self-esteem, substance use, trauma and personality/mood disorders.

Jackie is seeing clients both online and in-person out of Frontline Forward in Kitchener. She integrates traditional therapy with animal assistance with her dog, Gibson.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.