Jason Anderson

Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW

Contact Info

Balanced Thoughts Counselling
108 Charing Cross Street, Brantford ON N3R 2H9

In-person in the Brantford Area – Virtually across Ontario
Phone: 226-400-5378
Email: jason@balancedthoughts.com
Website: Balancedthoughts.com

Whether you are facing a new diagnosis, an unexpected life stressor or are dealing with a concern or symptoms that have you feeling stuck and ruminating, you have taken the first step in living the life you want to live by trying to find a therapist to connect with. I understand just how big of a step this is to take and I recognize the privilege it is to be the person you choose to share your story with. With a combined 29 years of service to others, 20 years as a police officer and 9 years in the social work field, I will draw upon this knowledge and experiences to help guide you towards living a rich, full and meaningful life which you hope for.

As a trauma-informed therapist I will work with you, as a Team, to come up with the best possible approach to helping you deal with your presenting concerns. Formally trained in both ACT and CBT, as well as a number of other therapies, we will decide on how best to move forward in your healing journey.

Regardless of the approach taken, first and foremost I strive to meet you on human level, knowing that the connections we forge are the foundation for our work together. I believe that therapy is a collaborative, team effort between the client and therapist. Working together as a team, we will move you towards the life you hope to live.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.