Jennifer De La Roca

Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW


Contact Info

Roca Counselling
(Based in the Barrie area)

Virtually only – Across Ontario
Does not accept work from a Workplace Injury Board or equivalent

Phone: 705-812-9929

I didn’t know how to deal with my childhood trauma. I needed to understand what happened, that I wasn’t to blame, and I wanted to love myself again. So I completed a Bachelors in Psychology where I learned to empower myself, set healthy boundaries, and become aware of my “trauma brain” which programmed me for self-sabotage and suffering.

In trying to protect myself and prevent from being hurt again, I believed it was easier to push people away and sabotage relationships to prevent my “expected” suffering. Do you resonate with some of this?

After several years of therapy and completing a Masters in Social Work I have learnt that life is full of happiness and it can be SAFE to allow myself to be happy. I have also learnt to accept myself, to vanquish self-sabotage, and allow my relationships to grow.

As a Registered Social Worker with over 20 years of counselling and personal healing experience, I know this is possible. I can lead you through the process and help you through your trauma, anxiety, and depression.

No one needs to suffer unnecessarily. Yet, we continue to torture ourselves needlessly with intrusive thoughts, worst case scenarios, and not trusting people around us. I am here to help you through all of that and more.

By doing the work you are:
• Freeing yourself from the trauma and trauma symptoms to live your life the way you want to
• Reducing or eliminating trauma brain so your thoughts aren’t hurting you or creating suffering
• Have loving and fulfilling relationships
• And allowing yourself to be happy.

In addition to individual and couples therapy, I offer specialized Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) program that treats PTSD and avoidance and/or addictions, which typically accompany PTSD.

I would love to talk with you. Call me or schedule a Free 15 minute consultation so we can discuss how I can help you along your journey of recovery at

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.