Julia Giancola

Occupational Therapist


Contact Info

Community Occupational Therapy
34 Quarry Ridge Road, Unit 100, Barrie, ON L4M 7G1
In-person in the Barrie area – Virtually across Ontario
Accepts work from a Workplace Injury Board
Phone: 866-526-0877
Email: Communityrehabon@cbihealth.ca
Website: Ccbihealth.ca/services/first-responders

Julia Giancola holds a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy and a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from the University of Toronto. She is a Registered Occupational Therapist in Ontario, Canada, providing evidenced-based and trauma-informed practice in Barrie and surrounding regions. She currently serves as a Team Lead and Occupational Therapist in CBI Health’s Psychological Trauma Program.

Julia’s role involves addressing the complex challenges faced by individuals who have experienced psychological trauma and motor vehicle accidents. Her goal as an Occupational Therapist is to empower clients to regain their ability to engage in their daily activities and meaningful occupations. Her work significantly contributes to enhancing the quality of life for individuals dealing with trauma and accidents, helping them overcome various barriers on their path to recovery and rehabilitation.

Julia mentors, oversees, and provides clinical supervision to, a team of Community Occupational Therapists in the Hamilton, Niagara, and St. Catharines regions, in the provision of in-vivo trauma-focused therapy, for First Responders, with the goal of helping their clients move forward from traumatic events, and in reclaiming their lives.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.