Kaleigh Smith

Registered Psychotherapist – Canadian Certified Counsellor

Kaleigh Smith

Contact Info

Yellow Serenity Counselling & Psychotherapy
17 Poyntz Street, Barrie, ON L4M 3N6

In person in the Barrie & Newmarket areas – Virtually across Ontario

Phone: 289-806-3481 
Email: Kaleigh@yellowserenity.com
Website: Yellowserenity.com

I offer individual counselling to adult clients across Ontario (virtually) and work between two office locations in Barrie and Newmarket for in-person services. I am a Registered Psychotherapist in good standing with the CRPO. I specialize in ADHD within my practice, certified as an ADHD-CCSP, and a member of CADDRA.

I completed my Master’s in Counselling Psychology in 2021 and have worked in the mental health field since 2016. I have specific experience working with first responders with extensive knowledge on working with complex PTSD, sanctuary trauma, and occupational stress injuries. I am certified in ASIST crisis training and suicide-prevention strategies. The conditions I primarily treat are ADHD, PTSD, depression, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, addiction, eating disorders and schizophrenia. I am passionate about furthering treatment and research geared towards ADHD in adults, and how complex trauma can disrupt the mind/ body connection. I want counselling to centre around each client individual needs. I work with a trauma-informed, non-judgemental, multicultural and inclusive approach to care. I bring curiosity and sensitivity to treatment to better understand your perspective of the world and narrative of life. My view of counselling is a holistic one, with the aim of providing client-centered care. Giving individuals autonomy, empathy, understanding and a safe space to discuss their mental health concerns are the cornerstones of how I build connection.

  • Licensed as a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
  • Licensed as a Canadian Certified Counsellor with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapist Association (CCPA)
  • Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Yorkville University
  • Honours Bachelor of Sciences in Mental Health from the University of Toronto.
Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.