Linda Antoniazzi

Masters Social Work – Registered Social Worker

Linda Antoniazzi

Contact Info

The Recovery Centre
659 Upper James Street, Unit 204, Hamilton ON L9C 5R8
Phone: 905-575-7883

Ms. Antoniazzi has been a registered Social Worker in the Province of Ontario since 1989. She worked as an Adult Protective Services Worker, including public trusteeships, and as an individual, marital, and family therapist with a Family Service Bureau before working for 17 years in the field of child protection and abuse treatment. She has taught various college courses in the Developmental Services Worker, Social Services Worker, Police Foundations, and Law and Security programs for Sheridan College, and has been called upon as an expert witness in the Halton and Hamilton Family Courts on child protection matters. For more than 25 years, Ms. Antoniazzi has personally treated persons victimized by childhood sexual, physical, and mental abuse, as well as rape, cult/ritual abuse, domestic violence, military trauma, and life-threatening events such as severe accidents. She has been instrumental in the development and ongoing training of Peer Support Teams to assist Children’s Aid Society staff in the event of traumatic incidents, and she has provided therapy to victims of abuse and trauma, including firemen, police, and veterans. Ms. Antoniazzi holds an MSW from McMaster University, a BA in Sociology (with studies in Psychology and Criminology), and a BSW from the University of Windsor. She is also internationally certified in the areas of Trauma Assessment and Treatment, Critical Incident Response, and Clinical Hypnosis.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.