Lyndsay Wright

Registered / Clinical Psychologist and Certified Animal-Assisted Therapy Professional


Contact Info

Summit Counselling Services
1 Tache St #203, St. Albert, AB T8N 1B4

In-person in St. Albert & Edmonton Areas
Virtually across Alberta

Does not accepts work from a Workplace Injury Board or equivalent

Phone: 780-217-4665

I am a Registered Psychologist working with clients all over Alberta. I believe strongly that all individuals have the power to create change in their lives. Everybody can benefit from counselling services; we all have something about our lives we would like to be different. Often, talking it out and working with someone outside of our social network can give new insight and perspective. I work from a person-centered approach: all people bring a unique set of skills that can be emphasized and encouraged. I find a team approach where clients are able to take the lead offers the most positive outcomes in counselling.

For several years, I have spent my time working with children, teens, adults and families in a number of community settings. For many of those years, I have spent my time studying and practicing animal-assisted therapy. While not an appropriate approach for everyone, counselling with animals can provide an alternative to traditional talk therapy.

My qualifications include the following: Bachelor of Arts from the University of Alberta; Animal-Assisted Therapy Certification from Oakland University; and a Master’s degree in Counselling from Athabasca University. I am a member in good standing with the Psychologists Association of Alberta and the College of Alberta Psychologists. I’m also a preferred provider with EPS. Feel free to connect with me for more information on my professional qualification or counselling approach.

I have a passion working with first responders and front line workers to help manage PTSD and other acute stress disorders. I am trained in EMDR and Accelerated Resolution Therapy.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.