Maria Suarez

Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW


Contact Info

Roca Counselling
(Based in the Barrie area)

Virtually only – Across Ontario
Does not accept work from a Workplace Injury Board or equivalent

Phone: 705-812-9929

As a child I had many significant losses in my life. This created a negative impact in my self-esteem, psychosocial well-being, sleep, stress levels, sadness, mental health challenges.

For many years I felt lost and the years of therapy that I attended helped me to get to know me, to improve self love, acceptance and empowered my confidence.

My school referred me to a psychologist when I was 9 years old, and this helped me through my grief and provided me with different strategies to copy with my anxiety.

This early experience of trauma during my young life, I understood the meaning of living with depression and supporting loved ones that suffer mental health challenges.

This life experience woke up my passion for psychology, discovering the importance of connecting, support and compassion.

I finished my Master’s in Psychology, allowing me to walk side by side with people who have been through a traumatic/stressful experience, dealing with PTSD, depression, addictions and complex mental health, creating a safe and nonjudgmental environment for over 20 years, offering therapy in both English and Spanish.

I believe that everyone has the possibility to growth and heal. Please allow me to guide you to embark on a transformative journey toward empowerment and self-discovery. I invite you to a free 15 minute consultation at

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.