Matt McGillvray

Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist


Contact Info

Social Worker, Psychotherapist
In person in the North Bay area – Virtually across Ontario
Contact via email for further information / booking


As a first responder, you’re used to being the one to provide help. But what happens when you need help yourself? It can be tough to reach out, especially when you’re used to being the strong one. You might be asking yourself: What if they don’t understand what I’m going through? What if work finds out? What if I’m worse off than I thought?

I understand these concerns, because I’ve been there too. I’ve talked myself out of seeking help before, thinking I could handle everything on my own. But the truth is, we all need help sometimes. Asking for help doesn’t mean you’re weak – it means you’re human.

As a registered social worker and psychotherapist, I’m here to offer you that helping hand. My experiences within law enforcement and its adjacent communities have given me a unique understanding of the challenges you face. I know there are things the public doesn’t see, and I’m here to listen to your stories and help you find a way forward.

Whether you’re considering in-person psychotherapy services, virtual counselling, or you’re not quite sure yet, I’m here to help. You deserve to feel supported and heard. Together, we can work towards achieving your goals and finding the peace of mind you deserve.

Let’s get started.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.