Melissa Gauthier

Registered Psychotherapist


Contact Info

Gauthier Counselling Services
739 B Arlington Park Place, Kingston  ON K7M 8M8
In-person in the Kingston area – Virtually across Ontario
Phone: 613-885-0606

Does not accept work from a Workplace Injury Board or equivalent

My name is Melissa Gauthier and I’m a Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO). I am a wife, mom and bonus mom to 6 beautiful children who has a real soft spot for animals and believe they can have a huge impact on our health and wellness.

I have been working in the field of Addictions and Mental health for 24 years with a primary focus on working with individuals experiencing a variety of issues such as addiction, substance use, trauma, family of origin and the impact of addiction on the family unit. I also have extensive experience working with individuals struggling with alcohol use disorder, substance dependence, opioid addiction and opioid replacement therapy.

In recent years my work has focused on supporting individuals struggling with shame, developmental trauma, PTSD and First Responders (and their family members) and the impact that has on our mental health, addiction and overall wellness.

This includes exploring and rebuilding a stronger sense of self, learning new coping strategies to heal from trauma and addiction and creating an overall sense of wellness. I believe that supporting empowerment gives individuals an opportunity to trust in themselves, to see that they can stop the chaos and regain control in their lives, creating an opportunity to explore their own needs and wants.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.