Michael Wade

Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW

Michael Wade

Contact Info

Brillig House Counselling & Psychotherapy
16 Dundas Street East, Upper Level, Napanee,  ON K7R 1H6
Phone: 613-561-6878

Email: Michael@brillighouse.ca
Website: Brillighouse.ca/

I am a previous first responder, with experience in law enforcement. I have worked with numerous military, policing, fire services and correctional personnel since becoming a Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist. I specialize in individual and couples therapy.

I have experience helping clients with issues related to anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, emotion regulation, issues with their relationship(s), social isolation, gender and sexual identity, loss, and trauma. In my work, I seek to help clients integrate themselves using a strengths-based, holistic perspective, seeking to facilitate a better understanding of how environmental, social, and cultural factors contribute to their individual problems and chosen responses. By employing this integrative approach to therapy, I find it better assists clients in making positive and lasting changes within all spheres of their lives.

I offer in person sessions at my Napanee office location as well as virtual sessions for any Ontario resident.

Common issues for services provided are: depression, anxiety, relationship or marriage troubles, family dynamics, work-related stress, emotion regulation, sexuality, trauma, coping skills, anger management, grief, help with assertive communication and boundary setting.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.