Richard Avery

Registered Social Worker, MSW, RSW


Contact Info

Vibrance Counselling
(Based in the Guelph area)
Phone: 226-790-1967
Virtually only – Across Ontario


Does not accept work from a Workplace Injury Board or equivalent

Hello, my name is Richard and I’m a Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist with the OCSWSSW. Following a career in IT, I returned to school and received my Master of Social Work degree from Wilfrid Laurier University.

I am passionate about providing a caring space to help navigate with you around challenges with acquired brain injury, anxiety, depression, grief and bereavement, self-esteem and self-confidence, and trauma.

I have specific experience working with first responders, and those transitioning careers. I have specialized training in Narrative Therapy, EMDR, Grief Counselling & Pet Loss, and Suicide Bereavement, and utilize an eclectic mix of therapeutic approaches which draw on elements across CBT, EMDR, Mindfulness, Narrative, and Solution-Focused therapies.

Wherever you are on your journey, let’s take the time and make space to begin a compassionate conversation for fostering your vibrant life.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.