Ruth Linnen

Registered Psychotherapist

Ruth Linnen

Contact Info

Certified Professional Counselling Centre
688 – 22nd Avenue, Hanover, ON N4N 3W8

In person in the Hanover area – Virtually across Ontario
Phone: 519-889-1771

Ruth Linnen is the founder and director of Certified Professional Counselling Centre (  She is  also a founding member of Trauma Services of Southwestern Ontario (   She is a member of the College of  Registered Psychotherapists and a certified member of The Association of Registered Psychotherapists and Mental Health Professionals.

Ruth has worked in private practice since 1996 and for the Canadian Mental Health Association since 1999. Ruth has developed a specialty in the area of trauma through her training at the Trauma & Resiliency Centre ( Hincks Dell Crest Centre) in Toronto, and  the  Traumatic Stress Services in London. Ruth has studied in the areas of personality development, psycho-therapeutic modalities and family systems therapy.  She has additional training in  Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), EMDR Recent Traumatic Episode( EMDR R-TEP),  Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Critical Incident Stress Management ( CISM) and Violence Threat Risk Assessment ( VTRA) and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy ( in progress).

Ruth provides services to individuals, families and groups who have been exposed to traumatic events. She provides consultation and training to community service providers and organizations in the area of trauma. Ruth is also a trainer for safeguards-Children’s Mental Health Ontario.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.