Summer Thorp

Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapist, MSW, RSW

Summer Thorp

Contact Info

Gibson & Associates
18 Becher Street, London, ON N6C 1A3

In person in the London area – Virtually across Ontario

Phone: 519-913-3201

Stories have always intrigued me because they helped me to understand how other people think and see the world. My interest in stories led me to social work: as I worked in the community, in the non-profit sector, I learned the power of personal narratives to limit or expand the opportunities that my clients chose to pursue.

I began my education with a Bachelor of Arts in Social Justice and Peace Studies. Next, I earned a Master of Education, with a focus on Indigenous post-secondary education policy, and a Master of Social Work, with a focus on direct practice. I am a Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.

My work with clients is a mix of narrative, strengths-based, compassion-focused, IFS, solution-focused, and somatic therapy. I am also a certified online therapist. I am interested in exploring with you how your past and current experiences impact you mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually, and how I can support your healing journey.

The focus of my practice is periods of transition. Transitions occur at all stages of life. They can include a new diagnosis, the loss of employment, the death of a loved one, the end of a relationship, the start of a new career, recovery after illness, or a faith crisis. Periods of transition can be intimidating and challenging, and I am here to support you as you write new stories to reframe your life. If you’re wondering if I can help you, please contact me and we can determine together if I am the right fit for you.

Outside of work you can find me browsing farmers’ markets near and far for new taste adventures, handwriting letters to family and friends, and dancing like nobody’s watching.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.