Susan Tang

Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapist, MSW, RSW

Susan Tang

Contact Info

Gibson & Associates
263 Eglinton Ave W, Suite 202, Toronto  ON  M4R 1B1

In person in the Toronto area – Virtually across Ontario

Phone: 519-913-3201

I believe that no matter where we start from, no matter our childhood encounters, our relationship experiences, or even the choices that we’ve made so far, we can still have restorative experiences that can make us believe in transformation, healing, and change. I am a Psychotherapist and a Registered Social Worker (OCSWSSW), who is here to collaborate with you on your journey to understanding and uncovering what is best, true, and most right for you by recognizing and acknowledging the inherent wisdom that you already have within yourself.

In our sessions together, I will honour you wherever you are at, whether that means sitting in silence, releasing the tears that have been inside for so long, or holding back the laughter that has been so exhausting. I want to work alongside you, and whenever you are ready, we can begin to venture outside of your comfort zone and move towards where you would like to be and the kind of life that you would like to have.

As a Psychotherapist and Registered Social Worker (OCSWSSW), I will offer you the freedom of expression and exploration within our therapeutic sessions. I like to draw on a number of therapeutic modalities that can include but is not limited to: Attachment Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR), and Internal Family Systems (IFS). While I am trained in a number of therapeutic modalities, I understand the importance of tailoring therapy to your needs. As such, I am committed to empowering you; introducing you to new ways of working, caring, and being; and offering you the tools and strength needed in order to thrive successfully.

Aside from being a social worker, I am an avid reader, a believer in kindness, a cultivator of compassion, a nature enthusiast, an earnest daughter to immigrant parents, a pursuer of happiness, a writer-in-learning, as well as a doggo mom to an Australian Shepherd named Obi-Wan Kenobi (Obi, for short). And above all else, I am human.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.