Tracy Shuster

 Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapist, MSW, RSW

Tracy Shuster

Contact Info

Gibson & Associates
18 Becker Street, London, ON N6C 1A3

In person in the London area – Virtually across Ontario

Phone: 519-913-3201

Suffering is an inevitable human experience, yet our lives and emotional struggles are as unique as we are. I believe that providing presence and human connection is fundamental to healing. As a psychotherapist and registered social worker with the OCSWSSW, I will bear witness to your unique experience in a safe, compassionate and non-judgmental space, so you feel heard and know you are not alone.

I am dedicated to supporting individuals navigating the difficult terrain of grief, loss and transitions, as well as other challenges related to mental health and trauma. Guided by your lived experience and level of comfort, I will accompany you on your journey of reflection, discovery, and healing. We will look at your experiences to understand the meaning they have for you; we will uncover and build on your strengths and skills so you can move forward and still remain anchored amidst life’s storms; and we will explore what is most important to you, so your sense of purpose lights your path and sustains your wellbeing.

I apply a trauma-informed, anti-oppressive, and culturally sensitive lens to my practice, in keeping with your needs, preferences, and the context of your circumstances. Working with you from a perspective that integrates compassion, acceptance, and the mind-body connection, I blend modalities such as ACT, CFT, SFBT and CBT. I also draw on attachment, psychodynamic, and grief theories, and mindfulness and narrative techniques. I provide EMDR as a body-oriented therapy for trauma specifically.

Outside of this work, you can often find me connecting with loved ones including beloved animal companions, practicing Pilates, or watching a hilarious comedy!

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.