Uzma Williams

Registered Provisional Psychologist


Contact Info

Power Psychology & Associates
In person in St. Albert and Sherwood Park
Virtual across Alberta
Phone: 780-467-0700


Uzma Williams is a highly experienced psychometrician who specializes in assessment for RCMP, Veterans, and others who work in a high-stress environment. Working with Uzma will provide you with the tools you need for your mental health challenges to be understood and compensated. Uzma is kind, non-judgmental, and aspires to provide all her clients the best outcome possible.

Policing is one of the most challenging careers in Canada. The toll on a member’s mental health is heavy. Many who join service do not fully realize the realities of policing on their mental health. The pressure to balance work and home piles up, and it becomes difficult to make sense of it all. Before you know it, your life has changed because of your service.

Uzma is a provisional psychologist who conducts full mental health assessments so you can better understand yourself. For RCMP and CAF members, she can help you complete a VAC psychological assessment form, which will acknowledge the trauma and other mental health symptoms you have faced in duty.

While Uzma specializes in VAC trauma assessment for RCMP and Canadian Forces members, she also provides a number of assessment services for multiple other concerns. If you feel distressed by your own behaviour at times, feel that you cannot focus on work and tasks, or feel consumed by thoughts and feelings that are out of your control, a psychological assessment can help you make sense of it all. Uzma is trained in providing in-depth diagnostic assessments that can help you figure out your mental health. Some specific assessments Uzma can guide you through include assessments of anxiety disorders, mood disorders, depression, sexual disorders, sleep disorders, and personality disorders.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.