Our exceptional volunteers contribute many hours on tasks as diverse as serving on the Boards of Directors, being an Advisor or working on a various committees (Media/Public Relations, Marketing, Corporate Relations, Programs/Education/Training, Grant Writing, Fundraising, Event Planning, Sponsorship, Procurement of Auction Items, Finance and Peer Support.
Volunteering isn’t just about giving your time and talent; you get so much back in return.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Give back to your community of first responders that have given their careers to serving others
- Gain valuable experience, self worth and a purpose
- Meet people who share your interests, understanding and compassion
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Share your knowledge and life lessons with members of your community
Pay it Forward - Get Involved
Dear potential Volunteer,
As a volunteer with Badge of Life Canada your expertise in a variety of disciplines could be of great value. We are looking for individuals that exemplify trust and integrity who are motivated to help others.
We look to volunteer members to support the board with the delivering of Badge of Life Canada's mission. As a volunteer you may be asked to meet with a board member or a committee head to provide guidance. As a volunteer you would be asked to join at least one committee for 2021 and work along with the other members supporting that committee.
We are looking for volunteers to fill several committees in 2021.
If you wish to apply as a volunteer, we ask that you summit your intention for 2021 and that you list at least one committee (see below to those committees with vacancies *)that you are willing to participate in. You may list more than one area of interest. Please note that as a volunteer you have no legal or governing authority.
Time Commitment: One year
- Exhibits energy and enthusiasm and an interest in working in the non-profit sector
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and to problem-solve
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- Maintain confidentiality about information learned on the job
Please submit a resume and cover letter to laura@badgeoflifecanada outlining how your qualifications and experience would benefit the committee you are looking to volunteer on.
We welcome you to recruit and bring forward other individuals for consideration as volunteers.
To learn more about Badge of Life Canada visit www.badgeoflifecanada.org.
Volunteer Committee Members 2021
(I year term renewable * indicates open position)
*Corporate Relations/Sponsorship – Josh Shymko (Board Member: Bill Rusk)
*Event Planning – Josh Shymko (Board Member: Dave Hurst, Laura Kloosterman)
Finance – Michel Boulay (Board Member: Bill Rusk)
*Fundraising – (Board Member: Lynne Rusk)
Merchandise - Sandra Leitch (Board Member: Lynne Rusk)
*Grant Writing - (Board Members: Dave Hurst)
Marketing – Kim Inglis (Board Member: Dr. Jonathan Douglas)
Media/Public Relations – Kim Inglis, Kyle Wilkinson
Multi-Faith Chaplain -Imran Ally
Indigenous Advisor- Kris Keeshig
Peer Support – Volunteer Peers for virtual sessions; Sandra Leitch, Janai Kalicharan, Steve Malone, Tania Lutz (Board Members: Dr. Jonathan Douglas, Laura Kloosterman, Dave Hurst, Lynne Rusk)
Programs/Education/Training – Dr. Ian Shulman (Board Members: Lynne Rusk, Bill Rusk, Dr. Jonathan Douglas, Dave Hurst)
Quickbooks – (Board Member: Bill Rusk)
Secretary – Darylene Forrest
Volunteer Coordinator – (Board Member Laura Kloosterman)