W. Paul Erickson

Registered Clinical Counsellor

Paul Erickson

Contact Info

45345 Chehalis Drive, Chilliwack, BC V2R 0T2
Phone: 604-719-6695
Website: Wperickson.com
Email: paul@wperickson.com

I am Paul Erickson, a registered Clinical Counsellor in Metro Vancouver, B.C.

I work with police, corrections officers, sheriffs, soldiers, paramedics, firefighters, and disaster relief workers. Men and women who deal with the worst that life has to offer. Things which the majority of people don’t want to know about, much less deal with.

I also work with those who work with first responders. Crown counsel, therapists, and others who in their work with first responders, find themselves being affected as well. This is known as vicarious trauma.

Being the spouse, lover, relative or friend of a first responder can be rewarding, however there can also be challenges, struggles, even heartbreaks. Watching those we care about suffer, sometimes when they are not able to admit they are suffering, can take its toll.

My expertise is in assisting first responders (and those who care about them) manage the “every days” of life, while dealing with extremely difficult people and/or situations. Helping them find meaning in times, places and situations which can appear utterly pointless. As Viktor Frankl put it: “those who have a why, can endure any what.”

My 27-year career in corrections (including 17 years as a supervisor) has given me first-hand experience understanding the unique struggles at work and home that come with being on the job and with its intense situations. The challenges of managing all aspects of life can become intrusive and overwhelming at times.

I get it. I know what it is like to measure your life from one breath to the next, and seriously wonder if the next breath is worth it.

Call me, text me, or send me an email. Don’t give up; I’m here to help.

I offer individual and couples counselling, as well as referrals to other counsellors I know “get it” and trust to deal effectively with first-responder issues.


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.