Alex Sellors

Registered Social Worker – Psychotherapist, MSW, RSW

Alex Sellors

Contact Info

Sellors Counselling & Trauma Therapy
201 James St South, Suite 105, Hamilton ON L8P 3A8

In-person in the Hamilton area – Virtually across Ontario

Phone: 905-730-2512

Alex Sellors is an experienced Registered Social Worker and psychotherapist who specializes in working with trauma and PTSD. She has experience and training in working with post-traumatic stress injuries, complex trauma, anxiety, depression, dissociation, substance use, emotion dysregulation, and grief. She is experienced in working with various forms of trauma, including childhood abuse and neglect, accidents, sexual trauma, intimate partner violence, death and loss, infidelity, and occupational trauma.

Alex holds a bachelor’s degree in psychology and a master’s degree in social work. She has spent most of her career doing crisis work in both the community and hospital system. Her experience in a level I trauma centre and in emergency psychiatry in particular have led to a desire to help others work through their own occupational stress and trauma.

Alex uses an integrative approach when working with her clients. She incorporates the following modalities: EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) Therapy, somatic and parts work approaches, cognitive behavioural therapy, dialectical behaviour therapy, and solution-focused therapy. She offers both structured trauma therapy and general counselling for non-trauma related concerns, such as relationship issues, life transitions and daily stress.

Alex offers in-person therapy at her downtown Hamilton office as well as virtual appointments across Ontario. She offers free 15 minute telephone consultations prior to booking a session.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.