Laura Lancia

Masters Social Work – Registered Social Worker

Laura Lancia

Contact Info

Laura Lancia Counselling – Online only
Phone: 226-796-9787
Website: LauraLanciaCounselling

I completed my Masters of Social Work (MSW) from the University of Toronto. I am a Registered Social Worker (RSW) through the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).

I have a clinical background providing therapy to adult clients seeking improvement and change in a variety of areas of personal wellness. My primary area of experience and training is supporting clients who have experienced trauma and/or have been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). I have experience supporting individuals who have sustained various forms of trauma including childhood or adult sexual abuse, intimate partner violence, and workplace trauma specifically for first responders and military members. My experience also includes supporting clients to address challenges due to a variety of other mental health and wellness concerns including depression, anxiety, panic, phobias, self-esteem, grief, stress and relationship dynamics.

My therapeutic approach contains a combination of principles from evidence-based practices including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT). My practice is grounded in attachment theory and neuroscience with use of body-based work to facilitate integration between body and mind.

I strive to create a safe therapeutic environment that is non-judgemental, client-centered and collaborative. Here I can support you to explore your emotions, thoughts and beliefs that may be linked to behaviours which keep you “stuck” as well as teach you skills to cope more effectively.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.