Raina Dutchyn

Registered Clinical Counsellor


Contact Info

Dutchyn Counselling & Therapy
In-person in the Fort Langley area – Virtually across British Columbia
210-9220 Glover Road, Fort Langley, BC V1M 2R8
Phone: 778-779-4630
Email: Raina@dutchyncounselling.ca
Website: Dutchyncounselling.ca

As a therapist, I strive to bring my core values of authenticity, compassion, respect, and humour to each therapeutic relationship. Much of my work involves helping people to break free from vicious cycles in which they feel stuck. My intention is for all my clients to feel safe, seen, and deeply understood. With this as a foundation, I have consistently seen that clients’ innate wisdom will shine through.

My Credentials and Experience

I hold a master’s degree in Counselling Psychology from the University of British Columbia and I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor (#18051) in good standing with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. Over the past decade, I have worked in various roles in community mental health programs, residential treatment facilities, and post-secondary institutions.
My Specializations
• anxiety/panic
• couples (e.g., communication issues, pre-marital counselling, intimacy issues, infidelity)
• disordered eating and body image concerns
• first responders
I also frequently work with depression, stress management, life transitions, and self-esteem

My Approach

I integrate various evidence-based therapies to suit each client’s needs, such as cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), emotion-focused therapy (EFT), mindfulness-based approaches, and internal family systems (IFS; often called “parts work”). With couples, I use techniques
from the Gottman Method and EFT for couples.

Other Services I Offer

In addition to my clinical practice, I am also available for speaking engagements, workshop facilitation, and writing contracts in the areas of relationships, anxiety, and body image.
Additional Training
• Gottman Method Levels 1 and 2 – The Gottman Institute (Seattle, Washington)
• Integrating Sex & Couples Therapy: Common Issues in Couples & Relational Sex Therapy
– Allura Sex Therapy Centre (Vancouver, BC)
• Families, Family Breakdown and the Law – BCACC (Burnaby, BC)



A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.