Rhonda King

Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist, MSW, RSW


Contact Info

Inner Oak Therapy
3 – 4300 Upper Middle Road, Burlington, ON L7M 4P6
In person: Burlington / Halton Region – Virtually across Ontario

Phone: 416-543-6821
Email: Rhonda.King@inneroak.ca
Website: Inneroak.ca

I believe that there is no greater joy than helping others in difficult situations. I have 17 years of experience working with adults, adolescents, and children through challenging moments in their lives and have supported each of them in making difficult decisions along the way. My background includes working as a frontline responder and a therapist in both a community and hospital setting. As a Therapist, I aim to encourage and empower clients to build on their skills and strengths to overcome challenges and achieve their desired goals of mental wellness.

I specialize in providing support to adults, adolescents and children experiencing depression, anxiety, emotional distress, trauma, stress, anger, poor self-esteem, peer conflict and difficulties in school.
I work predominantly from a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy approach and incorporate elements of Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Solution- Focused Therapy, Mindfulness, Motivational Interviewing and Trauma-Informed interventions into my work.

I am passionate about creating a calm, non-judgemental, safe space for clients by utilizing a strength-based, client centered and trauma informed approach in my practice.

Therapists by province / territory


A short description of the various therapist certifications in Ontario.

Clinical Psychologists

Clinical Psychologists are required to complete a related Masters and Ph.D. program to practice in the province of Ontario that must be research-based and subsequently have a thesis component. They are governed by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO).

Icon 2
Registered Psychotherapists

Registered Psychotherapists (RPs) are registered by the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) and, like Registered Social Workers and Clinical Psychologists, are permitted to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy.

Icon 3
Registered Social Workers

Registered Social Workers (RSW) are helping individuals to enhance their well-being. They are governed by the Ontario College of Social Workers.